Based in Brisbane, Australia, Outer Loop Consulting lives on the intersection between transport modelling and software development, creating tools and providing technical advice to enable robust and transparent planning practices.
Our team of highly experienced professionals aims to provide high value to clients, and our structure streamlines delivery of projects.
Our international experience, global networking and continuous research and conference attendance in Australia and abroad guarantees that we continue to be up to date with best industry practices and ensures our solutions can stand the test of time.
- Technical rigour
Services we offer
We love to work closely with our client to not just successfully deliver on their projects, but to also empower them for successful delivery of future projects without locking in the need for more consulting.
This might seem counter-intuitive for a consulting firm, but we firmly believe that improving the state of the practice within the industry benefits everyone in the industry and leads to new and exciting opportunities.
At the core of this is:
- Strong engagement and connection with clients
- Collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Development and transfer of tooling to support transparent and robust decision making.
- Alternate: Where possible we aim to transfer the software tooling we build to support and analyse their projects, not just the output of those tools.
Outer Loop’s tools and services support transport decisions at all levels of government:
- Existing and future conditions
- Needs assessment / strategic assessment
- Options analysis
- Business case
- Project selection and prioritisation
- Project evaluation
- Systems performance monitoring
- Network resilience
In particular we specialise in:
- Model development
- Open-Source software development
- Freight modelling
- Demand Responsive Transit (DRT)
- Transport modelling